Job: Field Sales Manager at Holcim
- Demonstrates visible leadership and role model in Health & Safety (H&S) and Diversity & Inclusion (D&I). Specifically, promoting S&S and D&L actions/behaviours within the function will be essential.
- Apply the security policy and cross with all direct contacts.
- Identify prospects, visit regularly and retain customers that are large and medium enterprises, masons, developers, small customers and home builders.
- Provide solutions to customers by explaining the main technical aspects of the different product lines (VAP) to render the services and the additional request to meet customer satisfaction.
- Improve and reinforce the Lafarge brand in the manufacturing sector.
- Primarily to secure sales for concrete operations of all products working within corporate strategies and policies.
- Monitor and report on construction activity in the area and work with a colleague to maximize business opportunities for concrete operations and all of Lafarge Africa Plc
- Apply and manage the security policy, drive the policy of standards and adversaries already in place for him, his colleague, subcontractors and all others on the site or plant.
- Reports all incidents/VPC and near-misses
- Check with plant/pump operator and site co-ordinator if site access meets safety standards for pumps, power lines and space
- Implement area business strategy and sales action plans to achieve sales target and profit margin
- Organize and control business operations for the respective region/area to achieve sales targets and profit margins.
- Evaluate the quality of the company’s relationship with customers, assess their evolving needs, and proactively manage and address complaints and returns
- Work closely with marketing, quality control, production and legal departments as necessary to improve and promote quality and service.
- Work with the marketing department to develop and implement communication materials and messages to customers
- Develop an action plan to drive VAP sales of value-added products and the launch of new products in the territory.
- Organize and coordinate area sales activities to ensure all customers are satisfied and ultimately achieve target
- Negotiate prices, volume with customers and other additional services and make proactive decisions in case of critical situation (price delay and complaints).
- Represents Lafarge Africa Plc at meetings such as trade shows, construction shows and trade shows to promote Lafarge products in particular (Value Added Products – VAP)
- Comply with the sales policies and procedures put in place for him and ensure the timely delivery of products (concrete) to customers.
- Ensure that all backlogs / pending orders are cleared and necessary paperwork is completed.
Placement and finishing service:
- Ability to offer a placement and finishing service policy when relevant
- Draft and quote placement and finishing services for quick site closure
- Follow the construction site, applications, deliveries, invoicing and fundraising until the end.
- Seek assistance from the Technical Services team when relevant.
- Understand the standard concrete and the VAP range (application specifications) and make adequate recommendations in terms of (production, transport, pouring).
- Advanced understanding of applications and the build system. (individual watering, roads/commercial and institutional, industrial and civil utilities)
- Propose products, services, solutions adapted taking into account the technical capacities and financial situations of each client.
- Key sales metrics and reports main action to line manager for closing.
- Monthly customer relationship management in terms of issues, new leads/closed sales.
- Regular scheduled sales database reports monthly and report to area manager
Competition law :
- Adequate knowledge of competition law and apply it as needed.
Production, transport / daily support at the factory:
- Monitor monthly purchases and sales in accordance with pumping and delivery unit planning and business objective.
- Ability to respect and apply the procedures in place to indicate non-compliance of an environmental incident and report it to the line
- Responsible for day-to-day decisions and relaying this information to the plant operator/doser.
Credit, administration and billing functions:
- Identifies customers deserving of creditworthiness, following internal process, negotiates payment terms and implementation in conjunction with credit department for debt collection and invoicing.
- Establishing new customers are registered smoothly on the database.
- Sends prices in time for invoicing.
- Checks all pre-invoicing to avoid complaints and manages cash (price and payment terms) with the credit department.
- Ensure all procedures are in place for cancellation of orders and deliveries
- Participate in credit meetings for proper resolution
- Understand the production/logistics elements of the business
Education / Qualifications
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in engineering, marketing, humanities and social sciences
- An engineering background is an added advantage
- Proficiency is an added advantage.
- At least 7+ years of work experience in sales.
Knowledge & Skills:
Technical skills :
- Good knowledge of the building materials industry
- Knowledge of LafargeHolcim products.
- Presentation, communication and networking skills
- Vision, business acumen, basic financial knowledge and negotiation skills
- Strong customer orientation
- Results oriented, proactive, able to deliver under pressure
- Basic knowledge of concrete and the production tool
- Knowledge of value-added products and Ultra series products.
- Knowledge of transport management
- Knowledge of computer tools: SFDC, CG Mix (if possible BC Mix), Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Readysoft and pricing matrix.
- Knowledge of quality management.
Long term goal:
- Ensure the optimization of the client portfolio
- Adapt sales to Lafarge priorities
- Improve the profitability of your portfolio
Behavioral and/or managerial skills:
- Independent thinker and time manager
- Ability to discuss and influence others
- Good team player with effective interpersonal skills covering growth facilitation and customer interface aspects
- Rigorous, organized, autonomous
- Dynamic, available, mobile
- Listening skills, communication skills
- Persevering, diplomatic and ability to anticipate
- Professional English language proficiency
Local / International:
Click here to apply